Saturday, January 3, 2009

Show and Tell #1 - Work

Anyway, I work from home mostly but sometimes in clubs, bars and quite often where I like it best, on the street.

Here is a photo of me and my dog and the tools of my trade, my guitars and some other sound equipment. Click on image to enlarge.





On the day in question I was working with my business partner Alan, we were writing a song, here is Alan laying down a bass line.




Alan and I have a band, or at least a selection of drummers we work with, Alan plays bass guitar, I play guitar and sing. At the moment, for copyright and other legal reasons, everything about our band, even the name is a secret.

Below is my workhorse guitar, Betsy. She's made in China, a nice strong Ibanez PF with a mahogany neck and body and a built in tuner. I use her for writing, practice and solo performances. She also doubles as a weapon, especially when I am busking at night. Hence the written warning.


I also have a nice mexican sunburst Fender Telecaster electric guitar, and a sunburst Legacy Precision Bass. We work from my house, except for band rehearsals with drums and big amplifiers which go on in large shed in the County Wexford Countryside.

8 comments:

  1. Rory,
    Very cool! I see you do street work. I like the listen. I've met some pretty good raw talent that way. It's a hard time when it's raining or snowing, though.

    Glad you have some indoor gigs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rory,
    I see you are upset about a thread on PP site. While in the middle of my kid getting caught shop lifting booze, I told WhyNot. He suggested I write about some of the stuff on his site. I did. But, it is not the venue for such things. I didn't know that at the time. I didn't have a history of going on PP.

    Really, if you are upset with me, it fine. But, I don't want negative vibes flowing. Ya know? So, be happy.

    Please, please tell me if I upset you. I don't want to throw negativity on your great work here.

    Please, tell me if I am the wrong doer, in your opinion. Okay. Enough said.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moonlite,

    I am not upset with you, I didn't like to see you being described as a moron, I am sure you are not,
    I am playing on the street tonight, should be fun and a few $$$ more!

    Rory

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.politicalcompass.org/

    wanna see if you are a ghandi or a blair?

    take the test. lemme know in email. mine's on my wolfenmyer.blogger.com site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Graycrow,

    I think moonlitetwine is pretty much fixed. Anyway, the profile is back up.

    How was the gig? Thank you. I'm glad youweren't upset. Thanks for being a friend. I really mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty sure the pic was on this thread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graycrow,
    How was your weekend? Did you have a show or two?

    It's really cool looking at these pics. I hope you guys got your song worked out.

    Miss hearing from you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just went through an email address' mailbox. I found a note sent to you at another site.

    Do you not want this site anymore? It's a great name!

    ReplyDelete