Sunday, June 13, 2010

Daddy, get the pressure washer on this one.

The official USA Father's Day is 06/20/2010 for the year, 2008 year...2010 year. But, I'm in to Father's Day today, so Happy future Father's Day to you men.

Me? I was too young to remember the actual presence of Dad. I think he was whisked away in a sailing vessel right after my conception...may be. Daddy did give me my name, which has caused many a worrisome note from people, who are certain I'm Jewish. Also, some think I'm Native American from my thick hair. And...some call me comrade or commie, because I naively speak to communists.

Therefore I shall tatter on with wisdom passed on to me from the Irish, my mommy's side.

~here is where I pull from memories~

Momma gave me the famous Irish headshake and the secret society of the Irish rulebook at age 11, while I was incarcerated for being homeless and allowed two visits from her.

~here's some chips. want a bite of my day old sweet roll?~

About being Irish, always smoke properly like a lady, and when your done, place the spent remainder securely in arms reach . She was really cute about that.

One famous Irish told me, that Irish songs and poems belong in bars. So I learned to read sheet music early on.

My Irish high school sweetheart taught me that going to formal dances includes plenty of fasteners connecting your gown to your undergarments. He was a good man. We broke-up on prom night.

Any darker secrets you'll have to get from Rory, the blog administrator.

Give us here at Blog 'O Blogs the story of your father or mother, if you'd like. We'd love to read about it and get to know you better. I know I would.

Happy Father's Day month.
~moonlitetwine~

3 comments:

  1. Fathers day is this week end here in France.
    My father was a true Irish Tenor in the classic sense who sang all the songs...
    He made money on Sundays as the soloist at three different Catholic churche choirs in Detroit, never quite making it through an entire church service, arriving in time to sing his solo then leave for the next one.
    I was told as a child that I had inherited his voice...Well, I totally trashed my inheritance singing punk rock, but I can still scream pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. microdot,

    Nice life story.

    Sorry about your voice being trashed. I'm sure you could still hit the notes on, "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" if you stay away from the last
    upscale note. You know, when at the last of the song, it goes, "...It will melt your heart away - ay". The last "ay" goes real high.

    Oh yeah, we added that part, I think. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's father's day today in Ireland.
    My father is still alive so I can't eugolize him really. To be honest he's an enigma to me anyway. An actor, a keen amature dramatist and director, who likes to be in control.

    Hard working, good sense of fun, I hope he has a good day.

    Rory

    ReplyDelete